10/04/2021 - how do you include a person who is not eloquent

u noe i struggle to include my dad when there's my mum, its kinda dysfunctional

dunno how to handle my dad sometimes. he w interrupt and disrupt when me and mum talking to shut us up, make dumb comments that invite scolding from my mum, in the background mumble or leave out words,  or go off topic, which means the listener has to work hard to comprehend what he means and raise their voice to get him to repeat

i tink his behaviour is someone who feels left out, i tried telling him so many times at least speak clearly and not jump from topic to topic.

when hes like that to keep him happy that i have listen to him talk but its pretty one sided. like satisfy his need for verbal stimulation but its not enjoyable for me i dont usually bend backwards just to keep him happy because i feel he should work on his skills

its better when its juz one to one cos he doesnt have competition form my mum who is better conversationalist so he can talk all he wants and get the attention

today he oso very random walk behind me and my mum den he suddenly disappears nv inform us i called him he say he simply took a different route. which invited scolding. den when my mum scolds she gets quite angry because she finds his behaviour so absurd its hard for me to get her to speak nicely and his feelings get hurt.

the best i can do is to tell him he very random and his logic is different. but even that sounds critical i dunno how to get him to adopt more constructive patterns to join in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

green tea bitch

song

20231104