04/08/2020 - nike just do it. procrastination is a never ending list

https://www.quora.com/I-make-a-lot-of-plans-but-I-am-never-able-to-carry-them-out-physically-I-lack-desire-to-do-hard-work-how-can-I-get-self-control-and-determination


I have found this very interesting and surprisingly common pattern in my experience as a life coach. "I am trying to overcome procrastination..due to lack of hard work/desire/self control/discipline/enthusiasm etc etc etc" is itself the biggest cause of procrastination!

Consider this...All the following are thoughts. Your thoughts. Just thoughts:
"I am never able to carry them out physically"(hence I cannot execute my plans)
"I lack desire to do hard work"(hence I cannot execute my plans)
"I need self control and determination"(hence I cannot execute my plans)
And so:
"BEFORE I even start on my plan, I have a long list of things to accomplish first: a) Cultivate desire b) learn to work hard c) Build self control d) Build determination. Unless these things happen first, it is pointless to start execution. I refuse to start execution before I have accomplished these things"

Do you realize there is no way to verify when you have accomplished these things, save your subjective self judgments? And your judgment itself is just a 'thought'?

Do you realize that this self created list, this 'thought' itself is causing you to not start?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

green tea bitch

song

20231104